Saturday, January 1

Happy New Year, Crappy Old Year

2010 review of my year to follow...

running and acing in 2010:
the first half of the year was spoiled by an achilles injury which prevented me from training for several months and thus miss out on a good handful of spring races. The second half of the year was ruined by my stay in the neuro ward atNewcastle General win July. My subsequent 60min+ 10k at New Marske's Victorian 10k maintained my ever present record at my first ever road race and gave me a new all-time slowest run timr for that distance. More summer and autumn races  missed due to ack of fitness / training.

being poorly in 2010:
apart from a few muscular tweaks and strains, the two big events for me were ending up in the brain injuries unit at Newcastle General, having been diagnosed with a bleed on the brain. Symptoms included loss of co-ordination, a big blind-spot on my left-hand-side and generally bumping into things (people, cars, bags, bollards etc.) my next hospital stay was between Christmas and New Year at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough having had another bleed which has left me with stroke-like symptoms, lack of strength/ control/ dexterity on my left-hand side.

No comments:

Post a Comment