Saturday, November 13

Beer and curry (and more beer) for effective weight loss...

...it's probably not going to happen to be honest.

However, a conversation with a knowledgeable friend over the aforementioned curry has given me a new target to aim for in my battle to recapture my 'racing snake' physique. When I say 'recapture', I really mean 'approach it for the first time'. It turns out that in competitive rowing, in order to qualify as a lightweight rower, you need to weigh in at or under 72.5kg, and whilst i'm not planning to take up competitive rowing, it is a handy target to aim for and can only be beneficial when i get back to road races.

So, the plan is, less curry, less beer, less wine, more long runs, more long rides, more long rows. Might even try two-a-days with the water-rower, wake the neighbours up to the sound of sloshing water as I do a 5km interval session under the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment