Friday, November 5

This week I have mostly...

...been taking it easy. 

A nine mile run home from work on Monday evening meant deploying the head-torch for the two sections of unlit single-track 'road'. I managed to navigate these without too much drama, and without seeing another person or any traffic. I guess most people have more sense than to be running around dark and desolate country lanes. Anyway, that was 9 miles in 70 minutes, which i'm happy about considering it was only a steady-effort run, and mainly in the dark.
A minor tweak of my right ankle (probably from the uneven and barely lit surface) has kept me indoors since then, but a session on the rowing machine on Wednesday has meant i've not been entirely rested. A deliberately 'base-paced' effort saw 5km come up after 27 mins. An interval session planned for this evening should perk up any sleepy muscles, and hopefully burn up plenty of calories.

Still carrying at least 5kg too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment